When to go
April to September
A wild camping trip along this most historic Irish river taking time to visit old castles, abbeys and churches along our route. Wild camping with campfires, good food and great company. Lots of wildlife along the way.
Meet Navan town at 12.30 at The Willows restaurant Navan, in County Meath (local map HERE).
Travel to Trim Gear allocation and packing. Intro and basic Canoe orientation.
Begin trip 2pm Lunch en route.
Camp Relaxed breakfast then a shorter paddle to the finish at Navan.
Shuttles back to start. Depart 5pm.
Kieron Fitzsimons is an expert canoeist and expedition leader. With over 35 years experience leading groups down rivers in Ireland and Scotland, you're sure to get the very best out of your river adventure. This man can put up a tent in less than a minute and light a fire with his bare hands (supposedly!). Kieron will pass on skills learnt over a lifetime in the outdoors and is the perfect coach for those seeking to develop as all round paddlers.
- All equipment and food. Just bring old shoes and a change of clothes, personal items, snacks, drinks etc. And we reccomend a waterproof camera or some way to keep it dry.
- Technical kit
- Transport during the adventure
- All meals during the adventure
- Personal activity insurance
- Personal expenditures (e.g. pub drinks)
- Transport to adventure start point
How to get there
Car from Dublin
Roughly 40 minutes drive north of Dublin
Flights to Dublin
Dublin International Airport (DUB) is served from most major airports in the UK and also has direct flights from the USA and many other international destinations. More details available on the Dublin Airport website.